Owing to the continued growth of BMC Cardiovascular Disorders, we are now recruiting new Editorial Board Members to join our international Editorial Board.
We encourage applications from researchers with a background in all subject areas, and particularly welcome expertise in the following fields :
- Cardiovascular development and disease
- Organoids and iPSC-disease modelling
- Tissue engineering and cardiac regeneration
- Immunity and inflammation
- Cerebrovascular disorders
- Coronary artery disease
- Hypertension and cardiovascular risk
- Rare heart diseases
- Medical imaging
- Systems Cardiovascular Biology
- Computional modelling
- Digital Technologies
BMC Cardiovascular Disorders scope and ethos
BMC Cardiovascular Disorders is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the prevention, diagnosis and management of disorders of the heart and circulatory system, as well as related molecular and cell biology, genetics, pathophysiology, epidemiology, and controlled trials.
We do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing and innovation in scientific publishing.
Our Editorial Board Members should have a minimum of 15 research papers published in reputable peer-review journals.
A suitable Editorial Board Member for BMC Cardiovascular Disorders is as someone who:
- Supports the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and is a committed advocate who will represent BMC Cardiovascular Disorders within the scientific community.
- Provides a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensures that manuscripts they are responsible for fulfill the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer review.
Role and responsibilities
The Editorial Board Member is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the Journal’s requirements and recommending decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the Journal’s editorial policies.
An Editorial Board Member for BMC Cardiovascular Disorders should be engaged and willing to handle a minimum of two manuscripts per month within their field of expertise.
Our Editorial Board Members will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Associate Editor will report to the Editor and Section Editor.
If you are interested in becoming an Editorial Board Member for BMC Cardiovascular Disorders, please send your full academic CV and a short cover letter that details your interest and enthusiasm for the position to BMCSeriesEditorialBoard@biomedcentral.com. Please ensure to include 'BMC Cardiovascular Disorders' in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you.