• Patients will be recruited consecutively from the participating CR centres.|
• When the patient first visits the CR centre, one of the members of staff will screen the patient for symptoms of depression and anxiety.
• If the patient has a positive score on depression and/or anxiety and complies with the additional inclusion criteria and none of the exclusion criteria, CR staff will inform the patient orally and in writing about the study.
• Two scenarios are then possible:
1. If the patient is interested in participating in the study and does not wish additional time to contemplate the decision or to have a significant other present, informed consent will be signed by both parties.
2. If the patient is interested in participating in the trial and wishes either 24 h to contemplate the decision and/or to have a significant other present, they receive a link to a declaration of consent via e-boks.
• After having signed the informed consent (the patient will receive a copy) the patient will be included into the study.
• A note will be added to the patient’s electronic health records, if the patient is included into the study.
• A link to the questionnaire to complete at baseline will be sent to the patient via e-boks.
• When the therapist has received a confirmation that the questionnaire has been completed, and if the HADS score is still positive, the patient will be contacted by telephone by the therapist and take part in a short purpose-designed diagnostic interview.
• Within 2 days, eligible patients are randomised to either TAU or TAU + the eMindYourHeart intervention by administrative staff from SDU and informed of the result by the therapist.
• Patients allocated to TAU + the eMindYourHeart intervention will receive instructions on how to use/access the platform by the therapist.
• Patients who do not wish to participate in the study are asked about (i) the reason and (ii) whether we may use the patient’s data from the rehabilitation settings and DHDR.